The goals for each business valuation are different, depending on the situation. Many factors contribute to the development of a realistic value, but to deliver the most accurate valuation, a thorough understanding of the various methods of analysis and industry trends is essential. Whether you’re involved in a buy or sell opportunity, developing a succession plan, or engaged in divorce proceedings, a complete and accurate understanding of the value of your business will allow you to make informed, strategic decisions.
Business Valuation Experience
At Suttle & Stalnaker PLLC we have over 20 years of experience helping small to mid-sized closely-held businesses, partnerships, and corporations determine their value during times of gift and estate planning, transition to family members or partners, disputes and buyouts, expansion, mergers and acquisitions, and divorce. A valuation is a helpful resource even before one of these scenarios arise. With the findings we deliver, businesses can identify areas of improvement and position their business to attract potential buyers. Our team of Certified Valuation Analysts (CVA) go beyond the standard checklist by accounting for special considerations, local economies and industry trends that may affect the outcome of the valuation. The insights provided from our industry research and benchmarking allow our clients to gauge themselves among their peers and make adjustments and improvements before the valuation is even complete.
Your Business Valuation Team
With a local presence in Charleston, Parkersburg, and Morgantown, West Virginia, our valuation professionals focus on the details of your specific situation to deliver a uniquely tailored and quality product that fits your specific needs. We also work closely with attorneys to provide guidance, financial analysis, and courtroom testimony during times of litigation. As members of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, our clients receive the benefits of our commitment to continued education and training.
Domestic & International Reach:
- Allinial Global – an association of independent accounting firms with offices throughout North America and the world. This partnership uniquely positions us to respond to the many issues our clients face.
Business Valuation Situations:
- Estate planning and gifting
- Buy/sell agreements
- Succession planning
- Strategic planning
More On Business Valuation
- Update on depreciating business assets
- Divorcing business owners should pay attention to the tax consequences
- Guaranteeing a loan to your corporation? There may be tax implications
- Traveling for business this summer? Here’s what you can deduct
- Advantages and disadvantages of claiming big first-year real estate depreciation deductions
- Audit and Review Services
- Business Valuation
- Client Accounting & Advisory Services
- Consulting Services
- Estate Planning
- Human Resource Services
- Paycheck Protection Program Forgiveness
- Tax Services