Governmental entities are shouldered with an array of challenges. Budget cuts, strained revenue sources, increased overhead costs, and continual changes to accounting standards are just the tip of the iceberg. In helping cities, county commissions, education boards, colleges, state agencies and departments, and public employee retirement systems we understand the demand you face to structure and efficiently utilize your resources. We can help.
Your Governmental Services Experience
At Suttle & Stalnaker PLLC, our government professionals are skilled in providing regulated compliance services and consulting on special situations. We go beyond traditional audit services to help our government clients find ways to improve profits and cut costs, create seamless operations, and minimize risk. With extensive roots in government, we know how to benchmark our clients and provide time and resource saving best practices around internal controls, fraud prevention, and accounting systems.
Your Government Team
We take the time to get to know your organization inside and out; it’s what allows us to provide a quality product and exceptional service. The care and attention we provide is year-round; through notifying you of changes to accounting standards or with helpful industry trends, we consider ourselves a partner to your success.
Industry and Association Engagement:
- AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center
- Government Finance Officers Association
- West Virginia Department of Education
- Association of School Business Officials
Domestic & International Reach:
- Allinial Global – an association of independent accounting firms with offices throughout North America and the world. This partnership offers us the ability to help our clients no matter the issue.
Specialized Governmental Services:
- Audit, review, compilation
- GAO and Uniform Guidance (Single Audit) specific services
- Agreed-upon procedure engagements
- Small Business Services
- QuickBooks® consulting
- Information Technology
- Information security
- Budget assistance
- Cash flow forecasting
- New GASB Standard implementation
- Financial Statement assistance
- Internal Audit
- Cryptocurrency Transaction Reporting
- For best results, start your strategic planning early
- The next estimated tax deadline is September 16: Do you have to make a payment?
- The key to retirement security is picking the right plan for your business
- 2019 Q4 tax calendar: Key deadlines for businesses and other employers
- Auto Dealerships
- Energy and Natural Resources
- Financial Institutions
- Nonprofit Organizations