Nonprofit organizations rely on a variety of funding sources to ensure they have adequate resources to achieve their missions. As governmental funding sources are reduced or eliminated, many nonprofits have been forced to seek new or increased private funding. All nonprofit organizations face increasingly difficult challenges with securing adequate funding, personnel management, governance policies, accounting, marketing, reporting to stakeholders, and managing cash flow while simultaneously carrying out their mission. We understand the challenges you face, and we can help.
Experience with Nonprofit Organizations
At Suttle & Stalnaker PLLC we have over 45 years of experience in providing audit, accounting, and tax services to nonprofit organizations. We work with a variety of nonprofits, including foundations, research and development corporations, and business/trade associations, as well as charitable, religious and social service organizations to provide sound financial advice to promote sustainability in the ever-changing West Virginia economy. With offices located in Charleston, Parkersburg, and Morgantown, our clients receive face-to-face attention from partners and managers who are familiar with their organization.
Your Nonprofit Team
Our team of nonprofit professionals is actively involved in the communities where we live and work. We serve on boards of nonprofits, so we understand the financial and operational challenges you face and can provide tailored solutions to meet your needs.
Accounting and financial reporting can take time away from fulfilling your organization’s mission. We offer solutions to meet your day-to-day accounting needs. By partnering with our bookkeeping and payroll professionals, your organization will experience both time and cost savings, and have peace of mind that things are done right.
Our depth and experience working with a variety of nonprofits allows us to pass along industry best practices to move your organization forward. Our clients appreciate that we provide recommendations, are eager and available to answer their questions throughout the year, and are flexible to work with their schedules.
- Presentations to board of directors
- Presentation to community groups
- Specialized nonprofit credentials
- AICPA Single Audit Certificates
Domestic & International Reach:
- Allinial Global – an association of independent accounting firms with offices throughout North America and the world. This partnership uniquely positions us to respond to the many issues our clients face.
Specialized Nonprofit Services:
Audit and Accounting
- Financial statement audits
- Single audits performed under the requirements of Uniform Guidance
- Compilations and reviews
- Cost allocation services
- Indirect cost plans
- Bookkeeping services
- Payroll and related payroll tax services
- Monthly financial statement preparation
- Pension audit services
- Preparation of Federal Form 990
- Preparation of Federal Form 5500
- Tax planning and consulting
- Internal control evaluations
- Quickbooks support
- Implementation of various systems
- Operations analyses
- Business advisory services
- Investment consulting
- Human resources support
- Pension operations and compliance
- Information Security
- Internal Audit