Energy and Natural Resources
Energy and natural resources are part of the rich history of our home in West Virginia and Suttle & Stalnaker’s commitment to serving that industry is long and deep. We know first-hand how the unpredictability of the industry can affect the economies in West Virginia and across the country. Market conditions and regulatory changes are every day concerns for land owners, producers, and support providers. Preparedness during unexpected times of increase or decrease in demand can be a challenge, for even the most seasoned businesses. Having a partner that can help you make strategic decisions to ensure the longevity of your success is critical.
Energy and Natural Resources Experience
The Suttle & Stalnaker PLLC energy and natural resources team has over 40 years of experience in the oil and gas and coal industries. Our in-depth knowledge of land owners, royalties, and production, combined with our diligent monitoring of everchanging regulations and market fluctuations, allows us to bring both opportunities and potential concerns to our clients’ attention. Land owners, producers, operators, drillers, and other service providers rely on our professionals to advise on key structural decisions and assist with day-to-day operational questions. Our regional, national, and international clients benefit from our ability to serve them from inception to implementation, and beyond.
Your Energy and Natural Resources Team
Our team doesn’t merely point out issues; we partner with our clients to find solutions. We believe in developing deep relationships with our clients by asking the right questions and listening to their responses. Through these conversations, we’re able to offer tax saving strategies, assist with cash flow management, and consult on merger and acquisition opportunities. Our partners pride themselves on being accessible and responsive; we don’t have layers of personnel to get through to get your questions answered.
Meet Your Oil and Gas Team:
Meet Your Coal Team:
Industry and Association Engagement:
- Independent Oil and Gas Association
- West Virginia Coal Association
- West Virginia Land and Mineral Owners Association
Domestic & International Reach:
- Allinial Global – an association of independent accounting firms with offices throughout North America and the world. This partnership uniquely positions us to respond to the many issues our clients face.
Specialized Energy and Natural Resources Services:
- Audits, reviews, and compilations in accordance with USGAAP, IFRS, or PCAOB
- Financial reporting conversion from IFRS to USGAAP
- Financial reporting consulting and preparation of financial statements
- Development of projections and forecasts
- Federal, state and local tax return preparation and projections
- Tax consulting and planning
- Operational improvement analysis
- Merger and acquisition consulting
- Due diligence reviews and assistance
- Consulting services
- Auto Dealerships
- Energy and Natural Resources
- Financial Institutions
- Nonprofit Organizations
Patricia “Tricia” D. ClarkCPA
Christopher “Chris” D. DeweeseCPA, CGMA