Construction in West Virginia is on the rise today, but may be on the decline tomorrow. These new opportunities can become tomorrow’s challenges. As a general or sub-contractor, your primary concern is winning the work, but obstacles, like finding and retaining a qualified labor force, accurately bidding jobs for maximum profit and continued importance on surety and banking relationships all take time.
Experience in Construction
At Suttle & Stalnaker PLLC we understand the challenges you face. For over 30 years, our construction team has helped contractors throughout West Virginia address challenging regulatory requirements, financial risks, increase profitability, and grow their business. We are devoted to monitoring and understanding industry trends and are active in state and national construction associations. This saturation allows our construction team to proactively bring both opportunities and concerns to our client’s attention and help them think strategically about their day-to-day operations. We work alongside our clients through implementation and ensure their challenges don’t become obstacles.
The state of your financials is a considerable piece of your success. When the time comes for bonding or loans, it’s vital that your financial statements are appropriately positioned. Through our close relationships with bonding companies and banks, we understand what sets good financial statements apart.
Your Construction Team
Our team doesn’t merely point out issues, we partner with our clients to find solutions. During an audit, we review and perform job cost analysis to ensure you’re achieving maximum profitability of your estimates. An allocation review of overhead and equipment burdens is also conducted to determine proper distribution and accuracy. We’re a business too, and we understand billing and collecting can be a struggle, which is why we make a point of reviewing and offering suggestions for outstanding billings that stand in the way of your cash flow.
Tax legislation is continually changing, and construction is an area that can benefit from many of the provisions. Our team closely monitors the laws that affect our contractor clients and helps them to implement tax-saving strategies.
Industry and Association Engagement:
- Contractors Association of West Virginia
- National Electrical Contractors Association
- Associated Builders and Contractors
Domestic & International Reach:
- Allinial Global – An association of independent accounting firms with offices throughout North America and the world. This partnership offers us the ability to help our clients no matter the issue.
Specialized Construction Services:
- Tax preparation
- Tax planning
- Small Business Services
- Information Security
- Internal Audit
- Assurance and financial
- Buy/sell agreements
- Cash flow, budget analysis, and WIP job cost analysis
- Billing, collections, timely billing/collecting
- Compensation analysis
- Contractual audits
- Estate and succession planning
- Mergers and acquisitions (Due diligence)
- Multistate contractor pre-qualification rules and compliance
- Process reviews
- Strategic planning
- Fraud prevention & detection
- Allocation of overhead & equipment burdens
- Bonding & financing consultations
- Multi-state tax services Sales and use tax planning
More On Construction
- Purchasing Construction Equipment with Cash or Financing: What is the Impact on Your Financial Statements and Tax Returns?
- Avoid succession drama with a buy-sell agreement
- Four Construction WIP Errors to Avoid
- If you’re hiring independent contractors, make sure they’re properly handled
- Use the tax code to make business losses less painful
- Auto Dealerships
- Energy and Natural Resources
- Financial Institutions
- Nonprofit Organizations