Client Accounting Service Manager
Who we are:
Suttle & Stalnaker, PLLC is West Virginia’s largest locally owned, independent accounting firm with over 85 professionals providing the highest quality tax, audit, accounting and advisory services to thousands of clients across a vast array of industries. At Suttle & Stalnaker, our people are our number one asset. For over 48 years, our talented team has been creating relationships and collaborating with our clients to meet their needs and find the solutions to reach their goals. We pride ourselves on our low turnover and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive work environment.
The successful candidate for this position will be highly motivated and able to perform the following duties in a fast paced environment:
- Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the client accounting services department, which includes but is not limited to client payroll, quarterly payroll tax returns, vendor payments, general ledger maintenance, financial statement preparation and account reconciliations
- Monitoring and analyzing the workload for accuracy and efficiency to ensure deadlines are met
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance, accuracy and efficiency
This position interacts on a regular basis with clients and therefore excellent communication (verbal and written) and organization and analytical skills are a must.
- Proven work experience in a Supervisory role as an Accounting Manager or equivalent position
- Strong managerial skills with ability to direct, supervise and hold staff accountable in a deadline driven environment
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office and QuickBooks (QB Online preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience or an Associate's degree with a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience is required.
- Prior public accounting experience preferred.
Our benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, FSA and 401(k) plan.
- Competitive salary
- Performance evaluations twice annually; compensation review annually
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Dress for your day policy
- Free parking
To apply please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org