Learn More About Our Benefits and Perks
Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
We are pleased to provide medical, dental, and vision health benefits to our team
- Medical and Prescription coverage for the employee is paid 100% by the Firm. The cost to add dependents is paid by the employee through a pretax premium deferral plan.
- Dental coverage (Delta Dental) for the employee is paid 100% by the Firm. The cost to add dependents is paid by the employee through a pretax premium deferral plan.
- Vision coverage (Vision Service Plan “VSP”) for the employee is paid 100% by the Firm. The cost to add dependents is paid by the employee through a pretax premium deferral plan.
work / life balance
A healthy work/life balance is engrained in our culture
We encourage team members to take time off and provide flexible work schedules.
- S&S recognizes the following paid holidays for employees:
- New Year's Day
- Firm Appreciation Day (Friday before Memorial Day)
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
- Paid Time Off (PTO), combines vacation and sick leave and provides the employee flexibility in using their time off for the purposes that best suit individual needs. Monthly accruals are based on years of service.
- The firm provides an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being.
- Flexible work schedules available for those looking for less than full-time work.
- During the months of May, June, and July, the firm implements half-day Fridays (Summer Hours).
The firm is proud to offer a “dress for your day” policy
Employees are permitted to choose what they wear to work based on their individual schedules. Our flexible dress code policy is a result of the trust we have with our professionals, to determine what is appropriate for their day. For client interaction, business casual dress is required. For days without client interaction, jeans are permitted.
Training / continuing Professional education
Training is provided to all employees
- The firm provides all required Continuing Professional Education (CPE) annually.
- The Firm supports membership and participation in appropriate organizations, such as the WV Society of CPA's, the Charleston, Morgantown, or Parkersburg Chapter of WVSCPA's, and the AICPA.
Our Mentoring Program provides staff with the best opportunity to succeed
- Mentoring is a special kind of caring, supportive relationship or partnership between two people that is based on trust and respect. A mentor shares his/her knowledge and experience with the mentee to help him/her define and reach his/her career goals.
- S&S professional staff are assigned a mentor that is at least at the level of Supervisor or higher with the expectation they meet at least quarterly.
Additional benefits that set us apart from other employers
- Short-term disability insurance paid 100% by the Firm, effective after 90 days of employment.
- Long-term disability insurance paid 100% by the Firm, effective after 90 days of employment.
- Life insurance is provided by the firm effective upon hire, at a rate of 3 times your annual salary up to a maximum of $200,000.
- The S&S Cafeteria Plan allows employees the option of selecting flexible spending accounts – employees can defer up to the max amount annual, allowable by the IRS for Medical purposes and up to $5,000 for Dependent Care purposes.
- Free parking.