American Rescue Plan Act Funds
Do you need help managing your ARPA funds?
As the first round of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding is beginning to hit bank accounts, have you thought about how to manage these funds and address the accounting complexities that accompany federal funding? At Suttle & Stalnaker, PLLC, we have over 45 years of experience serving West Virginia’s government entities. We are here to help you properly manage and make the most of the benefits available to your community.
Although the goal of the ARPA is to provide valuable community relief, appropriately allocating and tracking funds can be complex. Even after identifying qualified funding opportunities, staying on top of federal guidelines and taking advantage of partnerships will require dedicated research and monitoring.
- Research and vetting
- Budget review
- Other technical assistance
PREPARING FOR A SINGLE AUDIT
ARPA funds will be subject to the Uniform Guidance and, for some entities, may trigger a first-time Single Audit. As you are spending these funds, it is important to have appropriate controls and compliance management tools in place. As one of the most experienced Single Audit firms in the state, we have the expertise to assist you in tracking compliance requirements and implementing controls to ensure funding is spent within the guidelines of the ARPA and prevent the need to return misspent funds.
- Determine whether funding meets the requirements for a Single Audit
- Assist with interpretation of compliance requirements
- Develop internal controls around the use of ARPA funding
- Develop methods to track compliance requirements related to the use of ARPA funding
- Assist with preparation of your Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA)
- Assist with monitoring requirements for funding passed through to subrecipients
DAY-TO-DAY ADMINISTRATION OF FUNDS
The management of ARPA funds is sure to create additional workload for your staff. Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been providing support and services to our clients related to the administration of relief and grant funding. Rest easy knowing that experienced professionals are helping with the day-to-day administration of ARPA funds.
- Assist with ARPA reporting
- Facilitate monitoring of sub-grants
- Assist with daily accounting functions